You will encounter many articles saying how to lose weight or get rid of your belly fat. These methods are very well-known to men all over the world. However, what if you are concerned with losing weight on your facial fat – so you can see more of your prominent facial features? There’s not a lot of info about that, is there?
After all, having chubby cheeks is a common sight in infants and some young children. These baby fats tend to lessen as these children reach puberty and adolescence. However, for some people, the chubby cheeks just don’t go away. You will come to a point where you feel the need to do something about it.
The amount of your facial fat is dictated by your general body weight and shape, your genetics, and your body’s tendency to store fat. Sometimes, your body places excess fats on your cheeks when you happen to gain weight suddenly.
Slimmer cheeks and face can definitely enhance the way you look as well as your confidence and self-esteem. Effective means of losing facial fat would be overall weight loss, diet changes, and some exercises.
In this article, let us explore several ways of losing facial fat and achieving a slimmer face.
Facial Fat: Why Do You Have More While Others Don’t?
Our cheeks have lots of stored fat in them. Now, why do you look like you have more facial fat than other people? Most of the time, facial fat is congruent to the amount of your general body fat. This means that your overall weight can influence the way your cheeks look.
Another reason for facial fat would be some medical conditions. Cushing syndrome makes your face look puffier. Similar to this illness, taking corticosteroid medications for a very long time can make your face look puffier as well.
When you gain weight, you will also notice that your facial fat will increase. In addition to your weight, other factors also come into play. Your genes would be one of these. If your parents or close relatives have chubby cheeks, you will most likely manifest the same. These aspects are something that you have no control over.
What you do have control over would be your lifestyle and habits. It is shown that losing overall weight can help you manage your facial fat and get slimmer. Note, however, that it is tough to lose weight on one specific site only. Most often than not, exercises that tell you that they remove fat only on this particular body part do not work at all. Therefore, you need overall weight loss motivation if you really want your chubby cheeks to get slimmer.
Tips on Losing Weight On Your Face
Like any other weight loss program, you need the time, energy, motivation, and resources to be effective. Be willing to invest your time and be patient in waiting for the results to be visible. Here are some tips on how you can lose your facial fat to achieve a slimmer face.
- Avoid eating too much salty food. When you overeat salty foods, the sodium content it can cause your body to retain more water. Remember that water always follows where sodium is. This will lead to puffiness of your body, including your face. As much as possible, avoid sodium-rich foods like fast food, processed foods, or chips and junk foods. This simple tip can help a lot since a puffy face can make you feel bloated. Moreover, if you reduce your sodium intake, you can easily avoid other medical problems in the long run, such as hypertension and heart diseases.
- Eat more fiber and whole-grain snacks. Other than limiting salty foods, you can also modify your diet to be more fiber and grains. This standard diet change is recommended for anyone who wants to lose weight. Fibers are beneficial in promoting weight loss. In addition to weight loss benefits, fibers and whole grains are also very healthy for you. You can prevent health issues like heart diseases, obesity, or diabetes. Moreover, when taking these, you can reduce your intake of weight-gaining foods like sugary drinks, carbs, white bread, and many others. Eating more fibers and whole-grain snacks not only makes you lose weight, but it can also help you achieve overall better health.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water is also another weight loss tip. When you are dehydrated, your body tends to hold on to water because it anticipates that you will not have water for a long time. As your body holds on to water, you will notice puffiness, especially on your face. It is recommended to drink water before eating because this can also help you lose weight. The water that you drink before helps make you feel fuller. Hence you will eat less.
- Get adequate amounts of sleep. Having adequate hours of sleep can help you maintain your weight. Studies have shown that lack of sleep can make you gain weight. Also, your metabolism is better stabilized if you get adequate, restful sleep. So, do not neglect to get that good amount of sleep at the right time if you want to reduce your facial fat.
- Regular exercise is a must. Of course, another common weight loss tip that you will hear would be regular exercise. Like diet, exercise is also essential and effective in overall body weight loss. Even simple physical activities like brisk walking, jogging, or simple strength exercises would already give you good weight loss results. This is, of course, as long as you do them consistently along with good dietary habits.
Facial Exercise, Facial Yoga, and Facial Rollers: Do they Work?
You might have heard of some facial exercises or facial yoga to address puffy cheeks. However, as mentioned earlier, it isn’t easy to lose weight on only a particular part of your body. Although, these might work if coupled with all the tips that we enumerated earlier. Do not confuse yourself by doing just facial exercises and neglecting good dietary habits and full-body workouts.
Facial rollers have also been common in the market. They are said to decrease puffiness by improving the blood circulation on your face. This also does not have solid research evidence to support it.
An overall improvement in diet, habits, and physical activities would be your best way to get a slimmer face.